8 animals perish in suspected arson at Garvin County zoo
Updated: 9:30 AM
- WYNNEWOOD, Okla -- A local zoo keeper says a suspected arson burned eight of his animals to death, including seven that were owned by deceased pop star, Michael Jackson.
Teen pleads guilty to burglarizing Sherman woman's home, setting it on fire
- SHERMAN, Texas -- The teenager responsible for breaking into a Sherman woman's house and setting it on fire last July pleaded guilty Thursday.
One man, two juveniles on the run after Atoka Co. burglary
Updated: 6:25 AM
- ATOKA COUNTY, OK -- The Atoka County Sheriff says a man and two juveniles are on the run after allegedly burglarizing a business in Lane over the weekend.
Former Marshall County jailer sits behind bars
- MADILL, Okla. -- A Marshall County jail supervisor has been arrested for allegedly stealing money from the sheriff's department.
Family, friends say final goodbye to local radio DJ
- Many heard his voice every morning on Texoma's radio station KKAJ. Win Patton was the station's program director and morning show host.
The 48-year-old died suddenly on Monday and today dozens of family members and friends said their last goodbyes.
Traffic stop leads to meth bust
- PARIS, Texas -- A Paris man and woman who were pulled over for not wearing their seat belts ended up in jail for meth.
UPDATE: Missing Sherman woman found safe
- SHERMAN, Texas -- Jodie Doran has been found safe.
Commissioners hope to expand trail
- LAMAR CO., Texas -- Lamar County commissioners are hoping to expand the Northeast Texas biking and pedestrian trail that could make it the 5th longest in the nation.
Tish firefighter facial hair flap lands city manager in hot water
- TISHOMINGO, Okla. -- A concern among residents led to a Tuesday special meeting at which the city council discussed the employment of City Manager Dalton "Red" Erwin.
Federal prisoner faces additional charges
- SHERMAN, Texas -- A man already in federal prison has been brought to Grayson County to face several felony charges.
'Imagine doing your job with traffic speeding by'
Updated: 10:04 AM
- SHERMAN, Texas -- The Texas Department of Transportation grabbed the attention of drivers in a big way during its annual 'Work Zone Safety Week.'
Bryan County authorities search for 'Yankee Mike'
- BRYAN COUNTY, Okla. -- A woman has been arrested for knowingly harboring a fugitive from justice.
Durant Fire Marshal investigating suspicious fire at Lowe's
- The Durant Fire Marshal is asking for your help to identify a possible arsonist.
Tractor-trailer plows into Texas interstate bridge near Salado
- SALADO, Texas -- Authorities say a tractor-trailer has crashed into an overpass under construction along a major interstate in Central Texas, killing one person and halting traffic in both directions.
Pilot locked out of cockpit in Germanwings crash
- PARIS -- A French prosecutor says the co-pilot of the Germanwings plane that crashed in the French Alps this week appeared to want to "destroy the plane." He says the co-pilot was alone at the controls and "intentionally" sent the plane into the doomed descent.
Local Sports Headlines
Hemsky scores 2, Seguin gets SO winner as Stars beat Flames
- CALGARY, Alberta - Ales Hemsky scored twice in regulation, Tyler Seguin had the only goal in the shootout, and the Dallas Stars beat the Calgary Flames 4-3 Wednesday night for their seventh win in eight games.
San Antonio routs Oklahoma City 130-91
- SAN ANTONIO - Tony Parker had 21 points and six assists, and the San Antonio Spurs stopped Oklahoma City's four-game winning streak with a runaway 130-91 victory over the Thunder on Wednesday night.
ECU Softball Takes Game Against Rival Southeastern
- ADA - After not being able to play on their home field for over a month, the East Central University softball team took advantage of being at Tiger Field and earned an 11-10 win over arch rival Southeastern Oklahoma State.
Ardmore names Holloway Interim A.D.
- Jim Holloway has been named interim athletic director at Ardmore High School
SE Stumbles Against Riverhawks
- DURANT, Okla. – Southeastern was unable to finish off a rally in the late innings of Tuesday's game against Northeastern State, ultimately falling 7-4 at The Ballpark in Durant.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com