Justice Department: Texas voter ID discriminatory
Posted: 1:13 PM
- CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - A Justice Department lawyer has told a federal judge that a tough new Texas voter ID law was motivated by racial discrimination and should be struck down.
OHP releases results of sobriety checkpoint
- BRYAN COUNTY, OK -- The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has released the results of a sobriety checkpoint conducted in Bryan County over the weekend.
Thousands enjoy Labor Day at Lake Texoma
- LAKE TEXOMA -- Labor Day is a federal holiday that has been in place since 1884. It celebrates the achievements of American workers who have added to the prosperity of our country. News 12 spoke to people out at Lake Texoma to find out how they spent the holiday and what it means to them.
Ardmore man arrested after pursuit through 3 Texoma counties
- ARDMORE, OK -- An Ardmore man is arrested after allegedly leading multiple agencies on a pursuit through three counties Friday.
Ardmore Police investigating drive-by shooting
- ARDMORE, OK -- Ardmore Police are investigating a drive-by shooting that happened over the weekend.
Part of Southbound U.S. 75 shut down after diesel spill
- GRAYSON COUNTY, Texas -- A portion of Highway 75 in Grayson County was closed Sunday night due to a diesel spill.
Dive teams working to recover body at Lake Murray
- CARTER COUNTY, OK -- Lake Patrol confirms they are searching for a missing man at Lake Murray.
Hwy 82 motorcycle accident sends man to hospital
- SHERMAN, TX--A motorcycle accident sends one man to the hospital Saturday afternoon.
OHP: Tire failure causes Choctaw County injury accident
- CHOCTAW COUNTY, OK-- The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a tire failure, was the cause of a Choctaw County accident that sent a woman to the hospital today.
Sherman working to grow new business in downtown
- SHERMAN, TX - The city of Sherman could soon have a new attraction to its downtown scene. One local man is hoping to revitalize and add to downtown with the growth of a new business.
Judge finds Texas abortion rules unconstitutional
- AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Tough new Texas abortion restrictions are on hold after a judge found Republican-led efforts to hold abortion clinics to hospital-level operating standards unconstitutional.
Lake patrol urging safety on the water this Labor Day weekend
- LAKE MURRAY -- Labor Day weekend brings thousands of travelers to area lakes for swimming, boating and fishing, but while you are on the water having fun authorities say it is important to think safety first.
Body found inside burned SUV off I-35 identified as Madill man
- DAVIS, OK - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has released the identity of the man found dead inside a burned SUV off Interstate 35 in Murray County Tuesday morning.
DISD unveils renovated Munson Stadium, new high school
- DENISON, TX -- Two new DISD buildings were unveiled to the public Friday morning after months of construction.
Okla. Governor Mary Fallin stops in Atoka for campaign bus tour
- ATOKA, OK -- As a part of her campaign for re-election, Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin is making pit stops in cities all across Oklahoma. Today she met with Atoka residents to discuss several hot topics, including education.
Construction on Paris' ALDI delayed
- PARIS, TX-- ALDI is still coming to the city of Paris, just not as soon as some residents had hoped for.
Local Sports Headlines
- High School football previews of local area teams in Texas and Oklahoma heading into the 2014 season.
Royals stop slide with 4-3 victory over Rangers
- Salvador Perez homered and drove in three runs, and the Kansas City Royals beat the Texas Rangers 4-3 on Monday night to snap a three-game losing streak.
Texas QB David Ash to miss BYU game
- Texas quarterback David Ash, who missed most of last season with concussion symptoms, will not play this week against BYU after getting headaches and feeling dizzy in the hours following the Longhorns' season-opening win over North Texas.
Dominguez, Altuve team up, lead Astros over Texas
- Matt Dominguez hit a tying homer and Jose Altuve's fourth hit drove in the go-ahead run as the Houston Astros rallied in the eighth inning to beat the Texas Rangers 3-2 on Sunday.
Feldman pitches 3-hitter, Astros blank Rangers 2-0
- Scott Feldman pitched a three-hitter and the Houston Astros beat the Texas Rangers 2-0 Saturday night.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com