First steps underway to repair SH 91 over Shawnee Creek
Updated: 6:41 PM
- DENISON, TX-- Highway 91 at the Shawnee Creek has been closed for almost two months, making it an inconvenience for drivers on both sides of the Red River. Now the first steps to fixing it are being done.
Sherman man killed in Pottsboro wreck
Posted: 5:17 PM
- POTTSBORO, Texas -- A Sherman man died in a motorcycle accident late last week
Family of man fatally shot in Colbert speaks out
Updated: 10:47 AM
- MAYSVILLE, Okla. -- A man was shot and killed after attempting to rob a couple at the Love's gas station in Colbert on July 3, and then following them and injuring both. Now, his family is speaking out.
Denison VFW catches attention for retiring flag
- DENISON, TX- One local VFW was turning heads on the 4th of July for burning flags.
OSBI investigating fatal shooting in Colbert
- COLBERT, Okla. -- The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is investigating a shooting that occurred Thursday night in Colbert.
OHP, motorists share safety tips for heading home after holiday weekend
Updated: 11:17 AM
- "Watch out for us," motorcyclist Ronnie Doyal said.
Families celebrate 4th of July in Denison
Updated: 10:50 AM
- DENISON, TEXAS--Two hundred and thirty nine years ago, 13 colonies adopted the Declaration of Independence, and American hasn't stop celebrating since.
Firework sales up because of heavy rainfall
- Heavy rainfall in the last two months and an absent burn ban has flooded people out of their homes and to fireworks stands across Texoma making it an above average season for many stand owners.
Highport Marina changes Fourth of July plans
- POTTSBORO, TX- The Fourth of July is usually a great time to spend the day at the lake but all the recent rain has made people have a change of plans.
Turner Falls reopens for Fourth of July weekend
- "I like the swing. You grab yourself like this and you throw yourself and you land in the water," Alnya Alcantara said.
Lake Murray fireworks show affected by rain
- "We didn't come to the lake to be dry so if it rains a little bit that's fine," said David Hanna, a visitor at Lake Murray.
Denison Music on Main changes venue
- DENISON, TEXAS--Rain has caused the Denison Music on Main to move venues.
Ground search called off for missing woman
- LAMAR COUNTY, Texas -- The ground search for a Lamar County woman missing since Monday has been called off.
Witness recalls Bryan County high speed chase
- CALERA, Okla, -- An eyewitness to a high speed police chase says it ends in a head on collision on Highway 75.
Two arrested in Choctaw County drug bust
- HUGO, Okla. -- A lengthy drug investigation lands a man and woman behind bars in Choctaw County.
Bryan County man steals trade secrets, ends up in prison
- DURANT, Okla. -- A Bryan County man was sentenced this week for stealing from his employer in 2014.
Local Sports Headlines
Garcia Named Austin College Cross Country Coach
Posted: 4:32 PM
- Bryan Garcia has been named the new head men’s and women’s cross country and track coach at Austin College, athletics director David Norman has announced. Garcia most recently served as an assistant at Tarleton State University.
Tracy Gandy: The Road Back
- When you think of Ringling, Oklahoma, you probably think of high school football, state titles, and the last name Gandy. But as it stands, one, if not all, are in question.
Pujols hits 25th HR, Angels finish sweep of Rangers 12-6
- Albert Pujols hit his AL-leading 25th home run, Kole Calhoun homered and drove in four runs and the Los Angeles Angels finished a dominant three-game sweep of the Texas Rangers with a 12-6 victory Sunday night.
Rangers activate Harrison, send Chi Chi back to minors
- Matt Harrison has been activated from the disabled list and rookie right-hander Chi Chi Gonzalez was sent back to the minors by the Texas Rangers
Angels win 8-2 in 1st game vs. Texas since trading Hamilton
- Kole Calhoun drove in four runs with a pair of early doubles, and the Los Angeles Angels won 8-2 in their first game against Texas since trading Josh Hamilton back to the Rangers.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com