Ex-Choctaw Nation executive arraigned on federal charges
- MUSKOGEE, OK - A former Choctaw Nation executive has been arraigned on federal charges and accused of accepting extravagant gifts from vendors involved in the construction of the new casino from 2008-2010.
Two Lamar County men arrested for theft of livestock
- LAMAR COUNTY, TEXAS-- Two men were arrested Thursday-- accused of stealing livestock from a Lamar County pasture and trying to sell them.
Two suspected of passing counterfeit bills in Cooke Co.
- COOKE CO., TX -- The Cooke County Sheriff's office along with Gainesville and Muenster PD have arrested two people suspected of passing counterfeit bills.
Arrest made in connection to 2009 rape investigation in Hugo
- HUGO, OK -- For nearly five years a rape investigation in Hugo has gone unsolved, but Police believe they have finally caught the suspect.
Standoff with Kingston police ends with an arrest
- KINGSTON, OK -- A standoff in Kingston Thursday night ended with an arrest early Friday morning.
Name released of man arrested in Sherman apartment shooting
- SHERMAN, TX -- The identity of a man police believe is responsible for a shooting at a Sherman apartment building earlier this week is now being released.
Paris Police recognize National Severe Weather Preparedness Week
- PARIS, TX-- The Paris Police Department has announced it's support for National Severe Weather Preparedness Week.
A2A Marathon to benefit Mercy Cancer Center
- ARDMORE, OK - For years the A2A Marathon has been held to benefit the Mercy Cancer Center in Ardmore.
Ardmore Valero Refinery given 2013 Chairman's Enviromental Award
- ARMDORE, OK -- An international company has recognized one of Ardmore's largest businesses.
Oklahoma House passes human trafficking measure
- OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - The Oklahoma House has approved legislation that toughens penalties for human trafficking in the state.
January jobless rate in Texas falls to 5.7 percent
- AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - The Texas unemployment rate slipped to 5.7 percent in January and became the state's lowest jobless figure since November 2008.
Fannin County Dispositions 3/7/2014
- Fannin County Dispositions 3/7/2014
Gainesville man sentenced to life in prison in death of child
- GAINESVILLE, TX -- A Gainesville man has been sentenced to life in prison and a $10,000 dollar fine for his role in the death of child.
Bomb making materials found in condemned home
- HUGO, OK -- Thursday morning materials were found in a vacant Hugo home that could potentially be used to make explosives.
Gainesville man found guilty of injury to a child in death of girlfriend's son
- GAINESVILLE, TX -- Jurors found a Gainesville man guilty Thursday of injury to a child in the death of his girlfriend's son.
Lamar County couple arrested in alleged child sexual abuse case
- LAMAR COUNTY, TX-- A Lamar County couple is behind bars after, deputies say, they were involved in a child sexual abuse case.
Local Sports Headlines
Big names join Stars' Modano for jersey ceremony
- Mike Modano's No. 9 has been retired by the Dallas Stars.
No. 23 Sooners earn Big 12 2nd seed, 97-67 at TCU
- Buddy Hield scored 24 points and 23rd-ranked Oklahoma clinched the No. 2 seed in the Big 12 tournament with a 97-67 victory Saturday at TCU, the league's first team in 10 years to go through the regular season without winning a conference game.
’Roo Baseball Falls to No. 3 Trinity
- SHERMAN, Texas – A five run fifth inning for No. 3-ranked Trinity University opened up what had been a pitcher’s duel, and the Tigers would go on to hand the Austin College baseball team a 9-1 loss on Saturday afternoon. The ‘Roos are now 2-10 overall this season and 0-1 in Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference play.
H.S. Basketball Scores - Friday, March 7, 2014
- Here are the high school basketball scores for Friday, March 7, 2014.
Mavs blow 30-point lead, rally past Blazers 103-98
- Dirk Nowitzki scored 22 points, Devin Harris hit the go-ahead shot in the final minute and the Dallas Mavericks rallied in the fourth quarter after blowing a 30-point to beat the Portland Trail Blazers 103-98 Friday night.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com