Denison wreck sends one to hospital
- DENISON, Texas -- One man had to be flown Friday by helicopter to a Plano trauma center after an accident on U.S. Highway 75 near the Spur 503 exit.
Raymond Stewart receives life sentence plus 40 years for Bryan County murder, escape
- DURANT, Okla. -- Raymond Jay Stewart was sentenced Friday in Bryan County Court.
Fire at Wynnewood zoo kills reptiles, damages recording studio
- WYNNEWOOD, Okla. -- An arson fire Thursday morning at the GW Interactive Zoo killed several reptiles and burned a recording studio.
Tish fracas ends with firefighters' reinstatement
- TISHOMINGO, Okla. -- Two Tishomingo Firefighters were reinstated Friday.
Robbery suspect sketch released
- LAMAR CO., Texas -- Investigators have released a sketch of the man they say broke into a Powderly woman's home and shot her earlier this week.
Atoka Active Shooter Drill
Posted: 6:09 PM
- ATOKA, OK- The Atoka Police Department held a two day Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response to better equip law enforcement.
Gaineville police looking for two more suspects in truck theft
Posted: 6:14 PM
- GAINESVILLE, TX- Gainesville police are looking for two more people in connection to the truck thefts that started back in December.
Denison man arrested
Posted: 6:12 PM
- DENISON, TX- Denison Police arrested a man March 26th on three separate warrants.
Family speaks about the dangers of distracted driving
Posted: 6:18 PM
- SHERMAN, TX- TxDot and DPS are reminding drivers to watch for road workers during national work zone safety awareness week but one man knows the consequences of people driving distracted all too well.
Marshall Co. home invasion suspects in court
- MARSHALL COUNTY, Okla.--The four people accused of breaking into a Marshall County home and holding a couple at gunpoint made their first court appearance on Friday.
Pedestrian hit while strolling neighborhood
- PARIS, Texas -- A Paris man was taken to the hospital Thursday night after police say he was hit by a car while walking through a neighborhood.
Choctaw Nation demonstrates bullet-stopping door panels
- DURANT, Okla. -- Choctaw Nation representatives say they're in the process of outfitting their facilities with door shields.
Three behind bars following hostage situation in Bells
- BELLS, Texas -- Three people are behind bars after what officials are calling a hostage situation.
Names released in fatal Hwy 82 crash
- LAMAR CO., Texas -- State troopers have released the name of a Paris woman killed in a car crash Wednesday afternoon on Highway 82.
Armed Marshall County homeowner repels would-be home invaders
- MARSHALL COUNTY, Okla. -- A Marshall County couple said they are lucky to be alive after four masked intruders broke into their home on Wednesday night, and held them at gunpoint.
Local Sports Headlines
AP sources: Texas fires coach Barnes after 17 years
Posted: 8:02 PM
- Texas has fired coach Rick Barnes after 17 seasons, people with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press.
SOSU Softball Splits on Day One at SAU
Posted: 8:01 PM
- Southeastern snapped its losing skid and salvaged a split in its first two games against Southern Arkansas, winning the nightcap 3-1 after falling in the series opener 9-7 on Saturday afternoon in Magnolia, Ark.
Ross strikes out 12 in 6 innings for Padres in win
Posted: 8:00 PM
- Tyson Ross showed off his arm for Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, striking out 12 in six dominant innings and leading the San Diego Padres to a 3-2 victory over the Texas Rangers on Saturday.
Austin College Baseball Drops Pair to Centenary
Posted: 7:59 PM
- The Austin College baseball team dropped both halves of its doubleheader against Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference foe Centenary College on Saturday, falling 4-1 in game one before falling short in a comeback bid in a 7-5 game two final. The ‘Roos are now 3-11 overall and 1-5 in SCAC play.
ECU Baseball Sweeps the Series Against Arlington Baptist
Posted: 7:58 PM
- The East Central University baseball team made it a clean sweep of the series against Arlington Baptist, with 5-3 and 17-3 wins at Ken Turner Field in non-conference action.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com