Calera Police express concern over driver inattention on highway
- CALERA, OK -- The intersection where a four car pile up happened has been the site of several major accidents in the past.
Former Gunter Mayor Responds to Email Controversy
- GUNTER, TX- Gunter City Hall was filled with citizens February 26th many voicing their frustrations about how the city terminated Gunter Mayor Don Anderson.
One year later, Tom Bean Police call drug drop off box a success
- TOM BEAN, Texas -- One Texoma Police Department celebrated a unique anniversary Thursday. A year ago, Tom Bean Police implemented a year-round drug take back initiative that's kept a large amount of drugs off the streets.
Lamar County man charged after threatening girlfriend with AK-47
- LAMAR COUNTY, Texas -- A Lamar county man is in jail after investigators say he threatened his girlfriend with an assault rifle.
City: Former mayor's controversial email doesn't reflect our views
- GUNTER, Texas -- A controversial email has created a stir in the City of Gunter, sent by the city's former leader while he was in office.
Tax season is here and so are scammers
- SHERMAN, Texas--The deadline to fill your taxes is inching closer and some people want to separate you from your hard earned refund.
Deadline approaching to apply for open Savoy police chief position
- SAVOY, Texas -- Friday is the last day to apply for the open police chief position in Savoy.
Frierson facing two challengers in city council election
- PARIS, Texas -- Paris Mayor Matt Frierson is now facing two challengers in the race for the District 5 seat on city council.
Paris council rejects Recyclers Depot permit
- PARIS, Texas -- The Paris City Council has rejected a Planning and Zoning recommendation that would allow Recylers Depot to continue construction in the 2400 block of Lamar Avenue.
Madill police officer under investigation for alleged excessive force
- A Madill police officer is under investigation by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation for allegedly using excessive force while making an arrest.
Sherman ISD student indicted for alleged on-campus sexual assault
- SHERMAN, Texas -- A Sherman ISD student has been indicted for allegedly sexually assaulting a child on school grounds.
Major Texoma employer closing after eight decades; relocating to Houston
- It has been a major employer in Ardmore for the past eight decades. Now, the Noble Energy Incorporated facility is closing its doors.
Service workers and small businesses affected by the weather
- SHERMAN, TX -- Many small businesses and Texomans who work for tips in the service industry are hit hard when bad weather keeps customers at home.
Regulators approve tougher rules for Internet providers
- WASHINGTON (AP) - The Federal Communications Commission has agreed to impose strict new regulations on Internet service providers like Comcast, Verizon and AT&T.
City of Ladonia puts new emergency plan to use during winter weather
- LADONIA, Texas -- While the Winter weather we've been experiencing created hazardous road conditions and caused many school districts to lose a few days of class, it hasn't been nearly as severe as last Winter's ice storms. One City in particular learned valuable lessons from last Winter that they've used to be more prepared this time around.
Local Sports Headlines
Southeastern men top rival East Central 88-83
- DURANT, Okla. - The East Central University men's basketball team fell to Southeastern Oklahoma State, 88-83, in the final regular-season road game of the 2014-15 season in Great American Conference action.
SOSU women's hoops knocks off rival ECU
- DURANT, Okla. - The East Central University women's basketball team fell to arch rival Southeastern Oklahoma State in the final regular-season road game of the 2014-15 season, 58-70 at Bloomer Sullivan Arena.
Late 3 lifts Missouri women over No. 12 Texas A&M 70-69
- COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Maddie Stock made the game-winning 3-pointer with 0.1 seconds left to give Missouri women a 70-69 upset over No. 12 Texas A&M on Thursday night.
Hawks charge past short-handed Mavericks 104-87
- ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks took the lead with a 13-0 run in the third quarter and went on to a 104-87 victory Wednesday night over the Dallas Mavericks, who were without suspended guard Rajon Rondo.
No. 19 Baylor upsets No. 12 Iowa State 79-70
- AMES, Iowa - Taurean Prince scored 20 points and 19th-ranked Baylor upset No. 12 Iowa State on the road 79-70 for its third straight win Wednesday night.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com