Former Healdton officer's dismissal upheld
Posted: 6:34 PM
- HEALDTON, Okla. -- A police officer has been terminated from his position, and is under investigation by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation after allegations of sexual misconduct.
Car damages Sherman home, no injuries reported
Posted: 9:38 AM
- SHERMAN, Texas -- A woman hit the gas pedal instead of the brake while driving her car on Monday and plowed into her home off Butterfield Road.
Bryan County wreck sends one to hospital
Posted: 4:06 PM
- One man is in good condition after a Tuesday morning accident in Bryan County, Okla.
Marshall County accident victim remains in serious condition
Posted: 4:18 PM
- Oklahoma Highway Patrol spokespersons said a man remains in serious condition on Tuesday after a Friday afternoon accident in Marshall County that left one person dead.
Sherman council to debate new water tower construction
Updated: 4:52 PM
- SHERMAN, Texas -- repairs to the Gallagher water tank will have to wait because the city council approved Monday postponing repairs for about 18 months.
Fire destroys Mead home
Updated: 5:58 AM
- MEAD, Okla. -- Monday's fire broke out at this home on Newberry Creek Road in Mead just before noon, and it took crews from two departments about two hours to contain.
Marshall County man arrested for making meth in stolen trailer
- A stolen FEMA trailer was found in Marshall County, Okla. and a man was arrested after authorities discovered what was inside.
Commission awards $9.5 million contract for I-35 weigh station
- OKLAHOMA CITY -- An Ardmore company has been awarded a $9.5 million contract to build a new weigh and inspection station on Interstate 35 just north of the Texas border.
Sherman, Denison ISDs plan for bad weather days
Updated: 9:23 AM
- It looks like we're in for more ice and snow this week, which could mean more school cancellations.
TxDOT works to patch potholes after winter storm
Updated: 9:26 AM
- Now that the roads are clear of ice, you may have noticed another type of road hazard.
Man robbed, followed from Oklahoma casino to Paris
Updated: 9:24 AM
- PARIS, Texas -- A Paris man told police he was robbed at an Oklahoma casino over the weekend and then followed back to Paris and robbed again.
Paris looking to expand trail, add splash park
Updated: 5:59 AM
- PARIS, Texas -- The Paris City Council is looking at expanding the Trail de Paris and adding a spray park to the downtown area.
Paris man busted with synthetic marijuana
Updated: 5:59 AM
- PARIS, Texas -- A Paris man wanted on several warrants was found walking along a street carrying synthetic drugs over the weekend.
Convicted Disney scammer denied release from jail
- SHERMAN, Texas -- A man convicted of scamming investors out of $60 million by telling them Disney was going to build a theme park in North Texas was back Monday in Federal Court.
Netanyahu assails Iran deal, touts US-Israel ties
- WASHINGTON -- Seeking to lower tensions, Benjamin Netanyahu and U.S. officials cast their dispute over Iran as a family squabble on Monday, but the Israeli leader still claimed that President Barack Obama did not — and could not — understand his nation's vital security concerns.
Bill gives Oklahoma governor sweeping new powers
- OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma's governor would have broad new powers to appoint the directors of ten different state entities under a bill being considered by a Senate committee.
Local Sports Headlines
Austin College Announces Hall of Honor and Joe Spencer Award Recipients
Posted: 5:01 PM
- The Austin College athletics department, in conjunction with the Athletics A-Board, has announced this year’s five inductees into the Kangaroo Athletics Hall of Honor, as well as this year’s Coach Joe Spencer Award for Meritorious Service and Lifetime Achievement in Coaching recipient.
SE Set for GAC Tourney Opener vs. SWOSU
Posted: 5:00 PM
- Southeastern will look to avenge a regular season ending loss to Southwestern Oklahoma State when it opens play in the Great American Conference Tournament with a rematch on March 5 at noon in Bartlesville, Okla.
’Roo Men’s Hoops has Three Named All-SCAC
Posted: 4:58 PM
- Three members of the Austin College men’s basketball team have been named All-Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference selections, the league office has announced.
Durant still out; Westbrook could return Wednesday
Posted: 4:56 PM
- Kevin Durant will be out at least another week for the Oklahoma City Thunder, but Russell Westbrook could return Wednesday against the Philadelphia 76ers.
’Roo Women’s Hoops has Five Named All-SCAC
Posted: 4:53 PM
- Five members of the Austin College women’s basketball team have been named All-Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference selections, the league office has announced.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com