TCOG president releases statement regarding whistleblower lawsuit
- SHERMAN, Texas -- The president of Texoma Council of Governments released a statement Friday after a lawsuit was filed against him on Tuesday in District Court.
Malnourished horses seized in Sherman turned over to SPCA
- SHERMAN, Texas -- The horses seized this past week from Travis Street due to animal cruelty complaints have been given to the SPCA.
Elderly man crashes in to multiple vehicles in Van Alstyne
- VAN ALSTYNE, Texas -- A man crashed Friday into two parked vehicles.
Grand jury no bills Sherman police officer who broke up school fight
- SHERMAN, Texas – The Grayson County grand jury declined Thursday to file charges against Sherman Police Sgt. Kevin Garbacik.
Suspects accused of beating retired pastor denied bond
- BROKEN BOW, Okla. (UPDATE) -- Two men accused of beating and dragging a retired Broken Bow pastor with a truck are now being held without bond.
Navy veteran killed in Carter County semi crash
- MEAD, Okla. -- A Texoma Navy veteran died in a Carter County semi crash late Tuesday night.
Denison man fighting to keep his building standing
- DENISON, TX -- A Denison building that's stood for nearly a century, looks like it's seen its final days.
Man arrested after dispute over dead chicken
- Carter County deputies arrested 22-year-old Amaldo Dowdy Wednesday evening after an altercation with his neighbors over a dead chicken.
Carter County law enforcement searching for robbery suspect
- ARDMORE, Okla. -- The Carter County Sheriff is searching for David Arnold.
Atoka holds town hall meeting about tax increase for new stadium
- ATOKA, Okla. -- More than 100 people turned up at the Atoka High School Cafetorium Thursday night to have their questions answered and voice their opinions about Proposition 2.
Fire destroys Mead home
- MEAD, Okla. -- A home is a total loss Thursday after it caught fire.
Grant-Goodland School Board to hold special meeting Monday
- GRANT, Okla. -- The Grant-Goodland school board will convene for a special meeting Monday at 5:30 p.m.
Funeral services set for Hugo teacher killed in wreck
- HUGO, Okla. -- Funeral arrangements have been set for a Hugo teacher killed in an accident last week.
Earth, Wind & Fire founder Maurice White dead at 74
- NEW YORK -- Earth, Wind & Fire founder Maurice White, whose horn-driven band sold more than 90 million albums and made hits like "September," ''Shining Star" and "Boogie Wonderland," died Wednesday at his home in Los Angeles, his brother Verdine said.
Johnson & Johnson, ViaCyte testing possible diabetes cure
- Johnson & Johnson, continuing its long quest for a Type 1 diabetes cure, is joining forces with biotech company ViaCyte to speed development of the first stem cell treatment that could fix the life-threatening hormonal disorder.
Local Sports Headlines
ECU Baseball Come-Back Falls Short Against Washburn
- The East Central University baseball team made a late push in the ninth, but fell just short against Washburn, 9-12, at the SAU DII Classic at the Ballpark.
SOSU Softball Opens Invite With 0-2 Start
- Southeastern softball got the season off to a rocky start as they found themselves on the wrong end of a pair of losses, falling 11-3 in the opener to Pittsburg State before suffering a 12-6 loss to Pittsburg State in the nightcap as part of the Southeastern Regional Invitational at the Durant Multi-Sports Complex.
ECU's Offense Pushes Softball to Two Wins at St. Mary's Tournament
- The East Central University softball team's offense broke through to help the Tigers (2-4) earn two lopsided victories in the second day of the St. Mary's NCAA DII College Classic. ECU first claimed a 13-2 win over St. Edward's in five innings and then a 14-6 decision over Colorado School of Mines.
A+ Athlete: Hannah Howard, Lone Grove
- This week's A+ Athlete comes to us from Lone Grove High School.
Stars' Spezza out after going head-first into boards
- Dallas Stars forward Jason Spezza has been placed on injured reserve after he went head-first into the boards and left a game against Colorado.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com