Okla. troopers monitoring Carter County driving behavior
- ARDMORE, Okla. -- Beginning Tuesday, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop F is focusing on specific stretches of rural Carter roads to combat what residents report as dangerous driving behavior.
Durant car chase suspect arrested
- DURANT, Okla. -- Jeremy Bryan Jordan, who eluded Durant police during a recent pursuit, was apprehended by Bryan County sheriff's deputies in Cartwright, Okla.
Four-wheel drive test ends with truck stuck in the Red River
- Love County (Okla.) Sheriff deputies are investigating Monday after an abandoned truck was found floating in the Red River in the morning.
Christians in Action host Paris Thanksgiving feast
- PARIS, Texas -- For the past three decades the Paris community has been giving back to the less fortunate of the area by providing a free Thanksgiving meal, thanks to Christians in Action.
Ardmore man arrested after stabbing
- ARDMORE, Okla. -- An Ardmore man is behind bars after an overnight stabbing.
Occupants of truck involved in Gainesville fatality crash identified
- GAINESVILLE, Texas -- Gainesville police identified Monday the occupants of the truck involved in a fatality accident on Sunday.
City of Howe annouces public notice to boil water
- HOWE, Texas -- Due to a recent water main leak, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) has required our water system, City of Howe to notify customers of the need to boil their water prior to consumption.
Healdton Police Officer called hero after saving man in creek
- HEALDTON, Okla. -- What started as a quiet afternoon walk for one man, turned into a fight for survival.
Montana man paddling across America stops in Texoma
- GAINESVILLE, Texas -- A Montana man made a pit stop Monday in Texoma, but this is no ordinary trip. He's been traveling in a canoe since June, when he set off from Montana on a six-month adventure.
Arrest made in Ardmore home invasion case
- ARDMORE, Okla. -- One man is under arrest after an early morning home invasion and beating.
Accident sends two to hospital
- SHERMAN, Texas -- A three vehicle accident Monday sent two people to the hospital.
Water bill phone scam reported in Paris
- PARIS, Texas -- Paris Police are warning residents about a new water bill phone scam in which the caller demands customers pay up over the phone or have their water shut off.
Grand Jury chooses not to indict Officer Wilson in Brown shooting
- CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) - Prosecutor: Grand jury decides not to indict Ferguson police officer in Michael Brown's death.
Red River Regional Hospital signs improvement agreement with CMS
- BONHAM, Texas -- A local hospital, once in danger of losing its Medicare funding, has now reached an agreement with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Okla. teacher evaluation system triggers concerns in public school officials
- KINGSTON, Okla. -- Several school superintendents are firing back at a piece of state legislature regarding the way teachers are evaluated.
Local Sports Headlines
ECU's Women's Basketball Defeats Cameron in First Home Game of 2014-15
- In the first game of the season at the Kerr Activities Center, the East Central University women's basketball team claimed a 90-81 victory over Cameron in non-conference action. The win moved the Tigers to 4-0 overall and 2-0 in the Great American Conference, marking the fifth time in school history that ECU has started the season at least 4-0.
S&S, Gunter meet in Regional Semifinals
- The 5-3A district division two is showing their talent on the field. Three teams are still alive including S&S and Gunter, who will meet up in the Regional Semifinals.
Austin College Men Suffer First Loss of Season
- The Austin College men’s basketball team struggled from the field and found themselves on the wrong side of a 51-40 rebounding margin, falling 84-75 to visiting Bacone College on Tuesday night. The ‘Roos are now 2-1 overall this season after the defeat.
Second Half Lifts SOSU to 78-62 Win
- Southeastern bounced back from a rough-shooting first half to shoot 58.6 percent over the final 20 minutes and pull away from St. Gregory's with a 78-62 win on Tuesday night in Bloomer Sullivan Arena.
Darvish cleared for offseason throwing program
- Rangers ace Yu Darvish has been cleared to start his offseason throwing program.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com