Grace period ends for Paris' smoking ordinance
- PARIS, TX-- The grace period for the city of Paris' new smoking ordinance ended Wednesday.
911 call centers receive new equipment
- TEXOMA - If you look closely at your phone bill you'll see a fifty cent charge every month for 911. That money goes back to the region, funding emergency response efforts. News 12's Daniella Rivera takes a look at improvements being made today at Fannin County's emergency call center.
Fatal Accident under Loy Lake Bridge
- SHERMAN, TX -- Around 11:20 Tuesday night, Sherman police say a Tyson produce truck travelling northbound on Highway 75 left the roadway, striking a guardrail and concrete pillars under the Loy Lake overpass. The semi ended up in the median.
Expensive family heirloom stolen from home
- ATOKA,OK -- Atoka Police and the Bryan County Sheriff's office is investigating the theft of an expensive family heirloom.
Elderly woman arrested for drug dealing near school
- PONTOTOC COUNTY, OK -- An elderly woman was arrested earlier this week for allegedly dealing drugs near a Pontotoc county school.
Atoka Public Schools hires new superintendent
- ATOKA, OK -- Atoka Public Schools has hired a new superintendent.
83-year-old suspected pot dealer arrested in Pontotoc Co.
- PONTOTOC COUNTY, OK -- An elderly Pontotoc County woman has been arrested for allegedly dealing marijuana out of her home.
James Conn Nipp appears in Carter Co. court
- CARTER COUNTY, OK -- The man at the center of a missing persons case in Southern Oklahoma appeared in court Wednesday morning.
Judge considering competency of man charged in 3 deaths
- WELEETKA, OK -- A judge is considering whether the man charged in the deaths of 3 people was mentally competent.
3 arrested in Calera drug bust
- CALERA, OK -- Three people have been arrested following a drug bust in Calera Monday.
One man dead after semi crashes on Highway 75
- SHERMAN, TX -- One person is dead after an accident on Highway 75 Tuesday night.
Oklahoma gov. inks bill restricting abortion drugs
- OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Gov. Mary Fallin has signed a bill to further restrict the use of abortion-inducing drugs in Oklahoma, despite objections from opponents who say it will force more women to have surgical abortions.
Bill to dedicate $600M for Okla. schools scheduled
- OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - A bill designed to increase public school funding by $600 million annually is scheduled for a hearing on the floor of the Oklahoma Senate.
7 arrested at Paris motel
- PARIS, TX -- A search warrant at a Paris motel lands several people behind bars on multiple charges.
Hugo doctor arrested for assaulting police officer
- CHOCTAW COUNTY, OK-- An ER doctor, at Choctaw Memorial Hospital in Hugo, was arrested after allegedly assaulting a police officer.
Local Sports Headlines
Cowboys' playoff fate likely to be settled on road
- The Dallas Cowboys will have to be a good road team if they're even in position to end a four-year playoff drought in 2014.
Mavs roll past Spurs 113-92, even series at 1-1
- Monta Ellis scored 21 points and the Dallas Mavericks rolled to a 113-92 victory over San Antonio on Wednesday night, snapping a 10-game skid against the Spurs and evening their first-round series at a game apiece.
Stars beat Ducks 4-2, even series 2-2
- Cody Eakin and Alex Goligoski scored on Dallas' first two shots in the third period and the Stars beat the top-seeded Anaheim Ducks 4-2 on Wednesday in Game 4.
ECU Baseball Headed to Southeastern for First Time in Five Years
- The East Central University baseball team will head to Durant, Okla., for the final regular-season games of the 2014 season, with a three-game Great American Conference series against Southeastern Oklahoma State. A single game is set for Friday, April 25 at 2 p.m. and a double-header for Saturday, April 26 at 1 p.m.
Perez helps Rangers sweep A's with 3-0 win
- Martin Perez pitched his second consecutive shutout to extend his scoreless innings streak to 26 and the Texas Rangers wrapped up a three-game sweep of the Oakland Athletics with a 3-0 victory Wednesday.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com