Home invasion suspect being held without bail
Posted: 7:04 PM
- After eluding authorities for more than a week, a home invasion suspect is finally behind bars.
'Disney Duper' sentenced to 17½ years in prison
Updated: 6:26 PM
- SHERMAN, Texas -- Thomas Lucas Jr. was given the maximum sentence of 17 and a half years behind bars by Federal District Court Judge Amos Mazzant on Tuesday after being found guilty this past February of seven counts of wire fraud and one count of making a false statement.
New laws on marijuana, truancy, drones take effect in Texas
Updated: 5:25 PM
- AUSTIN -- Texas is taking its first step toward easing limits on medical marijuana - even as it imposes bans on synthetic forms of the drug.
Trial opens for Fannin County Youth Pastor
Updated: 6:50 PM
- BONHAM, Texas -- The trial of Lyle Huddlestun, 43, began Monday with opening arguments.
Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve 'sin of abortion'
Posted: 3:58 PM
- VATICAN CITY -- Pope Francis is applying his vision of a merciful church to women who have had abortions, easing their path toward forgiveness and saying he realizes some felt they had no choice but to make "this agonizing and painful decision."
Former Pettit employee pleads guilty to misappropriating funds
Updated: 9:34 AM
- ARDMORE, Okla. -- A woman accused of embezzling from a business appeared Monday in court for a non jury trial.
Pontotoc County home invasion suspect in custody
Updated: 4:40 PM
- ADA, Okla. -- Pontotoc County Sheriff John Christian confirms Michael Paul Mikula was arrested around 7 p.m. Monday in Seminole County, in connection to a home invasion that occurred on Aug. 22.
Woman charged after allegedly having sexual relationship with foster child
Updated: 9:33 AM
- Charges have been filed against the woman accused of having a sexual relationship with her foster child.
Growing concern for homeless in Sherman
Updated: 9:32 AM
- SHERMAN, Texas -- It's a problem usually associated with bigger cities,
but one Sherman man says homelessness is having a big impact right here at home.
Suspect wounded in police shootout released from hospital, arrested
- CLARKSVILLE, Texas -- A Red River County man wounded in a shootout with Clarksville police last week has been arrested.
Ky. clerk won't resign over marriage license flap
Updated: 12:16 PM
- MOREHEAD, Ky. -- The Kentucky clerk who is refusing to issue marriage licenses despite a Supreme Court ruling against her says she won't resign or violate her religious beliefs about same-sex couples.
Fire destroys Bryan County home
- MEAD, Okla. -- A family says they've nearly lost everything after their home caught fire last night, but a local agency is stepping up to help.
Sound equipment stolen in church burglary
Updated: 9:34 AM
- PARIS, Texas -- Police need your help finding whoever broke into a Paris church and stole their sound equipment over the weekend.
Families worry about 'black' water in Atoka
Updated: 9:26 AM
- ATOKA, Okla. -- Imagine turning on your faucet expecting to see clear water, instead a dark liquid comes out. That is exactly what happens for many people in Atoka.
Trial begins for Fannin County youth pastor accused of sex crimes
- Jury selection began Monday in the trial of a former Fannin County youth minister accused of sex crimes.
Breaking News from CBSNews.com