Okla. Senate OKs 3rd grade reading law changes
1 mins ago
- OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - The Oklahoma Senate has overwhelmingly approved a bill easing some of the requirements of a law that requires third graders who aren't reading at grade level be held back.
First Baptist Church in Antlers burglarized for third time in two years
- ANTLERS, OK -- First Baptist Church in Antlers has been burglarized for the third time in less than two years.
Police investigating after man shot in Durant
- DURANT, OK -- One man is recovering Wednesday after he was shot in the leg Tuesday night in Durant.
Stephanie Ringwald enters plea on alcohol related charges
- CARTER COUNTY, OK -- A former Dickson school teacher was arraigned in Carter County Court Wednesday on charges of furnishing alcohol to a minor.
Denison Education Foundation gives out teacher of the year awards
Posted: 9:46 AM
- DENISON, TX -- The Denison Education Foundation held their annual Appreciation Cookout at the Loy Lake Arena Wednesday with the announcement of several big awards.
ECU students organize affordable housing forum
- ADA, OK - Some ECU students and their professor put together a forum tonight to address what they say is a lack of affordable housing in the city of Ada.
Texoma Community Center opens new residential crisis facility in Denison
- DENISON, TX -- The Texoma Community Center is opening a new, one of a kind facility in Denison to help those in crisis
Cas Haley holding benefit for local family in need
- PARIS, TX-- Season two runner-up of America's Got Talent will be in Paris Friday holding a benefit for a local family in need.
Gainesville expanding Water Treatment Plant
- GAINESVILLE, TX -- The city of Gainesville is expanding its water treatment plant. They say their plans will actually help conserve groundwater and hopefully draw new businesses to Cooke County.
Antlers Pocket Knife Ban Reversed
- ANTLERS, OK -- A city weapon code has been reversed in Antlers to reflect state statutes.
House passes Oklahoma bill to ban sex offenders from all parks
- OKLAHOMA CITY, OK -- Oklahoma lawmakers are cracking down on sex offenders.
Fire marshals investigating Bryan Co. house fire
- BRYAN COUNTY, OK -- A Bryan County house went up in flames Wednesday morning now investigators are calling the fire suspicious.
Man dies from injuries in Garvin Co. accident
- GARVIN COUNTY, OK -- A man has died after an accident in Garvin County.
Cause of fire that destroyed Denison family home determined
- DENISON, TX -- We're learning the cause of a fire at a Denison home Tuesday.
State-mandated minimum wage draws ire across state
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Organizers seeking a higher minimum wage in Oklahoma are upset with Gov. Mary Fallin's decision to sign a bill that prohibits cities in the state from establishing mandatory minimum wage or vacation and sick-day requirements.
Texoman runners remember Boston Marathon bombings
- GRAYSON COUNTY, TX -- Some local runners are gearing up for the Boston Marathon next week, over a year after the bombings took place.
Local Sports Headlines
Rangers rally for 2 in 9th to beat Mariners 3-2
- Leonys Martin had a game-winning RBI single in the ninth inning as the Texas Rangers scored two unearned runs in a two-out rally against Fernando Rodney, beating the Seattle Mariners 3-2 on Wednesday night in a game that started as a battle of aces.
Grizzlies grab 7th seed, beat Dallas 106-105 in OT
- Mike Conley hit two free throws with 1.1 seconds left in overtime, and the Memphis Grizzlies grabbed the Western Conference's No. 7 seed away from Dallas by edging the Mavericks 106-105 on Wednesday night in the regular season finale.
Durant has 42, Thunder beat Pistons 112-111
- Kevin Durant scored 42 points, including 21 in the fourth quarter, and the Oklahoma City Thunder secured the No. 2 playoff seed in the Western Conference, rallying from 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to beat the Detroit Pistons 112-111 Wednesday night.
Texas A&M QB Joeckel to transfer
- Texas A&M quarterback Matt Joeckel will leave the school to try and use his final year of eligibility elsewhere.
Tom Bean's Henderson Signs with TWU
- Tom Bean softball standout first baseman Caroline Henderson is continuing her playing career at TWU.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com