Lamar Co. Veterans Services Officer asked to resign
- LAMAR COUNTY, TX-- Lamar County will soon be looking for a new Veterans Services Officer after their current officer was asked to resign.
Partygoer allegedly attacks guests with samurai sword
- STRATFORD, OK-- A Paul's Valley man arrested for attacking his friends with a Samurai sword.
Paris city attorney keeps job after motion to terminate him fails
- PARIS, TX-- Paris' city attorney was one vote away from losing his job Monday night.
Ada water main briefly breaks leaving hundreds without water
- ADA,OK-- At least 200 people in parts of Ada and Latta were without water starting at 10 this morning.
Broadband kick off meeting in Lamar Co.
- LAMAR COUNTY, TX-- A group met with local residents to determine a broadband internet plan for Lamar County and the East Texas Region.
Judge asks Fannin Co.commissioners to improve courthouse security
- FANNIN COUNTY, TX - After a recent security scare at the Fannin County Courthouse, 336th District Judge Laurie Blake wants commissioners to improve security in the courthouse during this budget session.
Murray State College fire caused by faulty wiring
- TISHOMINGO, OK--A Murray State College hog barn is a total loss after a weekend fire.
Alleged Pontotoc Co. marijuana grower turns himself in
- PONTOTOC COUNTY, OK-- A man accused of growing marijuana in his Pontotoc County home has turned himself in at his lawyer's request.
Pontotoc Co. inmate accused of killing cellmate appears in court
- PONTOTOC CO, OK-- A Pontotoc County inmate accused of giving her cellmate a lethal dose of narcotics last November appeared in court yesterday.
Woman drives through Ardmore home with two children in the vehicle
- ARDMORE, OK -- Authorities say a woman drove through an Ardmore home today with two children inside her vehicle.
Bryan Co. murder suspect in custody
- BRYAN COUNTY, OK - A suspect is in custody this afternoon in a Bryan County murder investigation after a man was found shot last night on the Blue River Bridge.
A closer look: Cooke Co. officials examine issue of housing illegal immigrant children
- COOKE COUNTY, Texas -- News 12 took a closer look at why Cooke County commissioners recently took "no action" on a proposal regarding the surge of illegal unaccompanied minors crossing into the U.S.
North Lamar ISD hires new superintedent
- PARIS, TX-- North Lamar ISD has a new superintendent after a unanimous vote by the board of trustees Monday night.
OSBI investigates Love Co. weekend shooting
- LOVE COUNTY, OK - A man was flown to an Oklahoma City Hospital after a weekend shooting in Love County.
Vacant Paris home destroyed by fire
- PARIS, TX-- A Paris home is a total loss after it went up in flames early Sunday morning.
Breaking News from CBSNews.com
Shelling of U.N. school, strike on market kill 31 in Gaza
Israel, Hamas stepping up attacks after 3 weeks of fighting that has killed more than 1,300 Palestinians, 50 Israelis
CDC: Weather kills 2,000 per year; top culprit surprising
Report analyzed U.S. deaths attributed to the cold, the heat, storms, floods and lightning
Surviving Ebola: For those who live through it, what lies ahead?
Very few patients survive this deadly virus, and those who do may face lingering health issues
The secret to career success? Enthusiasm
In 1980, Morley Safer traveled to Dallas to uncover the multimillion-dollar industry that was making people richer, better, and happier
Obama may consider deferring deportation for millions
The White House is reportedly weighing executive actions the president could take