Choctaw Co. truck driver murdered in Lawton
Updated: 8:38 AM
- CHOCTAW COUNTY, OK - A Choctaw County man was shot and killed while on a work trip in Lawton, Oklahoma, on Friday in what police believe was an armed robbery attempt gone wrong.
Ladonia Boil order remains in effect
- LADONIA, TX -- Ladonia residents remain under a boil water order, but city officials say they expect it to be lifted early this week.
Legislation that aims to protect holiday traditions passes Oklahoma House
- OKLAHOMA CITY, OK -- An Oklahoma bill passed House last week that aims to protect holiday traditions.
Search continues for missing Malaysian aircraft
- KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - Malaysia's transport minister says authorities are looking at footage of the two passengers who boarded a missing Malaysian Airlines jetliner with stolen passports, as they try to determine who they are.
State representative Pat Ownbey to run for re-election
- ARDMORE, OK -- Oklahoma state representative, Pat Ownbey, announced this afternoon that he plans to run for re-election this year.
Gainesville man sentenced to life in prison in connection with death of girlfriend's son
- GAINESVILLE, TX -- Johnny Earl Alexander was sentenced to life in prison after he was found guilty of first degree injury to 4 year-old Nathan De Alejandro back in 2011.
Man charged with Manslaughter in Coal County fatal accident
- COAL COUNTY, OK -- Saturday marks three months since a Coal County accident that left resident Rebecca Ford dead. Authorities say she was hit head-on by a semi on State Highway 3. Friday the driver of that truck was booked into the county jail, charged with Manslaughter, after his blood test came back positive for methamphetamine.
Reno family escapes house fire
- RENO, TX-- A woman and five children were able to escape a house fire in Reno Friday afternoon.
Legislators, Army Corps talk low levels at Lake Texoma
- LAKE TEXOMA -- State officials are say they are doing all they can to help the situation at Lake Texoma, and the Army Corps of Engineers say it's all up to the weather.
ATF removing items from Hugo home
- HUGO, OK-- The ATF is investigating after a code enforcement officer found what's believed to be bomb making materials in a Hugo home on Thursday.
Two Lamar County men arrested for theft of livestock
- LAMAR COUNTY, TEXAS-- Two men were arrested Thursday-- accused of stealing livestock from a Lamar County pasture and trying to sell them.
Two suspected of passing counterfeit bills in Cooke Co.
- COOKE CO., TX -- The Cooke County Sheriff's office along with Gainesville and Muenster PD have arrested two people suspected of passing counterfeit bills.
Arrest made in connection to 2009 rape investigation in Hugo
- HUGO, OK -- For nearly five years a rape investigation in Hugo has gone unsolved, but Police believe they have finally caught the suspect.
Standoff with Kingston police ends with an arrest
- KINGSTON, OK -- A standoff in Kingston Thursday night ended with an arrest early Friday morning.
Name released of man arrested in Sherman apartment shooting
- SHERMAN, TX -- The identity of a man police believe is responsible for a shooting at a Sherman apartment building earlier this week is now being released.
Paris Police recognize National Severe Weather Preparedness Week
- PARIS, TX-- The Paris Police Department has announced it's support for National Severe Weather Preparedness Week.
Local Sports Headlines
Oklahoma State Tournament
- Pairings for the high school basketball state tournament in Oklahoma.
Mavs extend Pacers' skid to 4 with 105-94 win
- Monta Ellis and Devin Harris scored 20 points apiece and the Dallas Mavericks extended Indiana's season-long losing streak to four games with a 105-94 victory against the Pacers on Sunday night.
Meeks powers Lakers past Durant, Thunder 114-110
- Jodie Meeks scored 24 of his career-high 42 points in the second half, and the Los Angeles Lakers beat Oklahoma City 114-110 on Sunday despite a triple-double by Thunder star Kevin Durant.
Austin College Baseball Drops Pair to No. 3 Trinity
- SHERMAN, Texas – The Austin College baseball team fell in both halves of its doubleheader against No. 3-ranked Trinity University on Sunday, falling 3-2 in extra innings in game one before dropping a 9-3 decision in game two. The ‘Roos are now 2-12 overall and 0-3 in Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference play with the two defeats.
Big names join Stars' Modano for jersey ceremony
- Mike Modano's No. 9 has been retired by the Dallas Stars.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com