Lake Texoma reaches record elevation
- LAKE TEXOMA - Early Friday morning, Lake Texoma eclipsed its record elevation of 644.76 feet, set in 1990. The lake, which is now five feet over its spillway, is still rising with more rain in the forecast.
Bill allowing open carry of handguns clears Legislature
- AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Texas lawmakers have approved licensed open carry of handguns on the streets of the nation's second-most populous state.
Floodwaters trap Grayson County resident at home
- SHERMAN, TX -- A Grayson County woman has been stuck in her house since Monday due to floodwater.
Evacuation zone from gas plant explosion reduced to Plainview Road
- SHERMAN, Texas -- Sherman Police and Fire officials say evacuations are underway near Plainview Road west of Knollwood.
Update: Dike at Cardinal Cove breached; residents urged to vacate area
- EDITOR'S NOTE: Sheriff Ed Kent said about 4 p.m. Friday, the Cardinal Cove dike broke and water was flooding many houses, and it is not safe to drive in to the cove.
Corps bolstering Cumberland Levee
- DURANT, Okla. -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is bolstering the Cumberland levee.
Magnolia Festival continues
- DURANT, Okla. -- The 2015 Magnolia Festival is in full swing, and News 12 is proud to sponsor the three-day event.
Preston Shores Water system ends boil water notice
- The Authority has conducted bacteriological sampling on the Preston Shores Water System and all samples results indicate that the water is free of bacteria, and the boil order is ended.
Two people killed in Carter County wreck
- Two people are dead Thursday after a two car accident in Carter County.
Children remember their mother who was killed in Bryan County tornado
- BRYAN COUNTY, OK -- Monday's tornado that traveled 22 miles through Bryan County and then north up into Atoka County, leveled trees and homes -- and took the life of one woman.
Man rescued from flood waters near Soper
- SOPER, OK -- First responders rescued a man from flood water near Soper Thursday night.
Floodwater threaten nonprofit helping veterans and people with disabilities
- SHERMAN, TX- We've seen the damage torrential rains have caused to private property major highways, and businesses. But they are also threatening a nonprofit that helps veterans and people with disabilities.
Farmers brace for a long road to recovery
- NORTH TX, SOUTHERN OK -- On a typical day in May, most wheat farmers along the Red River would be getting ready to harvest, but instead they're assessing damage while they wait for flood waters to subside.
U.S. 82 east of Gainesville re-opens after flash flood waters recede
- GAINESVILLE, Texas -- Flash flooding has caused road closures across Texoma on Thursday, including shutting down U.S. Highway 82 east of Gainesville during the morning hours.
ODOT closes Roosevelt Bridge
- Heavy rainfall forces another major bridge to close down. The Roosevelt bridge has now closed.
Bryan County dad arrested for shooting son
- A man accused of shooting his son two weekends ago has been arrested on Bryan County warrants.
Local Sports Headlines
Area Baseball and Softball Playoff Pairings & Results - May 28-30
- Here's a look at the area high school softball and baseball schedule and results for the week of May 28th-May 30th.
Hamilton's homers help Rangers to 7-4 win over Red Sox
- ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton homered in his first two at-bats, his first homers since he belatedly began his major league season this week back with Texas, helping the Rangers beat the Boston Red Sox 7-4 on Friday night.
Texas votes to end high school steroids tests after 8 years
- AUSTIN, Texas - Texas lawmakers voted Friday to dismantle the state's high school steroids testing program after eight years and more than $10 million spent collecting thousands of samples that turned up only a handful of cheaters.
Kent, Banks lead Texas A&M past Texas Southern 5-0
- COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Matt Kent threw seven shutout innings, Nick Banks hit a two-run homer and Texas A&M topped Texas Southern 5-0 in the opening round of the College Station Regional on Friday night.
Big 12, big money: Schools share record $252M in revenue
- IRVING, Texas - Big 12 schools will split up a record $252 million in revenue, the ninth year in a row of increases.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com