Appeal denied for man sentenced to life in prison for murder
- CHOCTAW COUNTY, Okla. -- The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals has affirmed the life prison sentence of a Hugo man convicted in the shooting deaths of two men.
ECU student on track to becoming RN despite losing arm in accident
Updated: 11:37 AM
- ADA, Okla. -- East Central University nursing student Melissa Claborn lost her arm in an accident when she was just five years old.
Willis Bridge replacement discussed by ODOT and federal highway officials
- MADILL, Okla. -- The Oklahoma and Texas Departments of Transportation as well as the Federal Highway Administration is proposing to replace the Willis Bridge on State Highway 99 and U.S. Highway 377 over Lake Texoma.
North Lamar ISD school board to present bond proposal
- PARIS, Texas -- The North Lamar ISD school board will present a $56 million bond proposal at a special meeting next week.
Cruz app data collection helps campaign read minds of voters
- WASHINGTON -- Protecting the privacy of law-abiding citizens from the government is a pillar of Ted Cruz's Republican presidential candidacy, but his campaign is testing the limits of siphoning personal data from supporters.
Denison house fire investigated as suspicious
- DENISON, Texas -- Neighbors noticed smoke pouring out of a house off Layne Drive.
Workplace beheader to enter formal plea
- OKLAHOMA CITY -- A man charged with beheading a co-worker with a butcher knife at an Oklahoma food processing plant wants to plead guilty to a first-degree murder charge, but the judge refused.
Last occupier from refuge surrenders
- BURNS, Ore. -- Surrounded by FBI agents in armored vehicles, the last four occupiers of a national nature preserve surrendered Thursday, and a leader in their movement who organized a 2014 standoff with authorities was criminally charged in federal court.
Denison filmmaker follows the journey of Quedlinburg Treasure
- More than a quarter of a century has passed since news broke that medieval treasure was found in Grayson County. Now one Texoma native is bringing the story to life again for a new generation.
Former Ardmore pastor makes court appearance
- ARDMORE, Okla. -- Willie Tiller Jr., 53, appeared Wednesday in Carter County Court, charged with 10 counts of forgery.
Atoka voters approve school bond for new stadium
- ATOKA, Okla. -- Voters in Atoka approve a school bond that will pay for a new football stadium.
Driver in fatal construction site crash held on $150,000 bond
- PARIS, Texas -- A driver arrested for killing a construction worker and injuring another in a single-vehicle crash Tuesday is being held on a $150,000 bond.
Recycled military tanker helping Pontotoc County battle wildfires
- Pontotoc County has a new weapon to combat grassfires, like the fire that broke out just west of Ada on Wednesday afternoon.
Fires burn on both sides of Red River
- Fires becoming more of a problem in Texas, Oklahoma.
Busy Ada road shut down after teen crashes into pole
- A busy Ada road was shut down during the drive home Wednesday after a teenager crashed into a power pole.
Breaking News from CBSNews.com