Amazing Race Star speaks to Madill High School students
- MADILL, OK -- Jett and Cord McCoy have competed several times on the reality TV show, "The Amazing Race." Now Jet wants to take that celebrity status and use it to influence kids in a positive way and he started at the school he attended for a few years.
Durant Police Chaplain LaWanda "Chappy" Mabery dies at 81
Updated: 2:03 AM
- DURANT, OK -- The Durant Police Department is mourning the loss of one of their own. Chaplain LaWanda Mabery, better known as "Chappy", died Sunday night.
Semi truck driver taken to hospitals after accident on Fannin Co. highway
Updated: 10:13 AM
- FANNIN CO., TX -- A Fannin County highway shut down just before 9 p.m. Monday night after an accident involving a semi truck.
Garvin Co. man dies in accident northeast of Pauls Valley
- GARVIN CO., OK -- A Garvin County man was killed in a single car crash Monday morning.
Proposed smoking ordinance one step closer to being final
- PARIS, TX-- The city of Paris is one step closer to implementing a citywide smoking ordinance.
Murray Co. man ordered to pay $15k after cutting down trees in the Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- SULPHUR, OK -- A Murray County man has been ordered to pay $15,000 dollars to the government after he cut down trees in the Chickasaw National Recreation Area.
Ardmore roadway to close for construction
- ARDMORE, OK -- A major Ardmore roadway will be shut down this week.
Choctaw Co. truck driver murdered in Lawton
- CHOCTAW COUNTY, OK - A Choctaw County man was shot and killed while on a work trip in Lawton, Oklahoma, on Friday in what police believe was an armed robbery attempt gone wrong.
Man wanted in Knollwood liquor store robbery
- KNOLLWOOD, TX -- The Grayson County Sheriff's Office says it is looking for a man who robbed the Knollwood Liquor and Beer Store Saturday night.
2 charged in death of North Texas student, 17
- DALLAS (AP) - Police say two 16-year-old boys have been charged with first-degree murder in the death of their 17-year-old schoolmate in North Texas.
Federal health care enrollment deadline nears
- TULSA, Okla. (AP) - Health and insurance groups in Oklahoma are trying to reach out to uninsured residents as the deadline approaches for open enrollment in health care plans under the federal health care law.
US-based firm's workers on plane headed to meeting
- AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - An Austin-based technology company says its 20 employees on board the missing Malaysia Airlines flight were en route to a business meeting in China.
E-cigarettes: fresh air or smoke and mirrors?
- NEW YORK (AP) - On the edge of the SoHo neighborhood downtown, The Henley Vaporium is an intimate hipster hangout with overstuffed chairs, exposed brick, friendly counter help - but no booze.
Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- LIMA, Peru (AP) - Peru's government says that once Dutch citizen Joran Van der Sloot completes his murder conviction in 2038, he'll be extradited to the U.S. to face trial on charges he extorted and defrauded the mother of a young American woman for whose disappearance he's the chief suspect.
New dashcam video released in pursuit and shootout that leads to Evan Ebel's death
- WISE COUNTY, TX -- The Colorado U.S. Attorney's Office has released dashcam video that captured a pursuit and shootout in Wise County that left a man wanted in two slayings dead.
WARNING the video may be disturbing to some viewers.
Local Sports Headlines
Hugo Lady Buffaloes headed back to state
- HUGO, OK - For years it seemed like the spotlight shined only on the boys basketball teams, but after the girls reached the state tournament for the second straight year, that spotlight better get big enough for two.
Stars' C Peverley collapses on bench during game
- The game between Dallas and the Columbus Blue Jackets is being delayed in the first period after Stars forward Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench.
Oklahoma State Tournament
- Pairings for the high school basketball state tournament in Oklahoma.
Mavs extend Pacers' skid to 4 with 105-94 win
- Monta Ellis and Devin Harris scored 20 points apiece and the Dallas Mavericks extended Indiana's season-long losing streak to four games with a 105-94 victory against the Pacers on Sunday night.
Meeks powers Lakers past Durant, Thunder 114-110
- Jodie Meeks scored 24 of his career-high 42 points in the second half, and the Los Angeles Lakers beat Oklahoma City 114-110 on Sunday despite a triple-double by Thunder star Kevin Durant.
More Local Sports Headlines
Breaking News from CBSNews.com