June has been a very hot month in Texoma during recent years, with both 2008 and 2010 making the “top 10 hottest Junes” list.
In fact the summer of 2010 included the 3rd hottest June on record, but it falls to 4th place with June 2011 now in the #2 spot.
- The hottest June on record is 1953 with an average of 85.5 degrees.
- The June 2011 average of 85.4 degrees ranks second hottest.
- June 1980 averaged 85.0 degrees and is in the #3 position.
- The June 2010 average temperature was 84.9 degrees: now in 4th place for hottest June in Texoma.
- The daily average temperature was above average every day during the month during June 2011.
Drought has begun to become a problem once again for folks on both sides of the Red, with much more severe conditions once you get just west of the KXII viewing area, about 50 miles west of I-35.
The drought will steadily worsen with high daily evaporation rates and no widespread rainfall expected into the first week of July.