The summer of 2012 probably won’t be as hot as the record scorch-fest in 2011, but it’s likely to be hotter than average. And June is projected to be 4th month in a row of very warm temperatures compared to normal.
The Climate Prediction Center (CPC) June 2012 outlook is much like that of April and May in regards to temperatures: warmer than average numbers are in the cards for Texoma.
The odds of a warmer than average versus an average June temperature are 3 to 2 in favor of the warmer; and the odds of a warmer compared to a cooler than normal June are 5 to 2. Here's the map:
Texoma is just outside the "50" contour, which means the odds of a warmer than average June are just under 50%, while the odds for average June heat are about 33%, and those for a cooler than average June only about 17%.
Thirty-day outlooks have considerable error but the overall pattern favors a ridge aloft, which usually brings on the heat this time of year.
Designed by Gray Digital Media