Ada house fire leaves family of five without a home

ADA, Okla. (KXII) - "I hollered at my wife and said call 911, our neighbors house is on fire," Jesy Thudium said.

Jesy Thudium says Friday evening she and her wife were watching TV in their living room when her dog started acting strange.

"He went nuts, just started barking, trying to tear the front door down," Thudium said, "I opened the door and looked over and there's just flames coming out of the front left corner of the house."

Brian Redmond, who lived at the home, says he and his family were at his grandma's house celebrating Thanksgiving when the fire started.

"We were having a good time and then we got a distracting call that our house was burning down so we rushed out there," Redmond said.

The family says they do not know the official cause of the fire but believe it may have started from a heater that was left on.

"We were just shocked, I mean it's the first time that's ever happened," Redmond said, "We lost everything."

That same night , Thudium took to social media to ask for donations from the community to help the family of five, including a 3-month-old baby.

"It's part of the family, part of the neighborhood so I just called out everybody to bring stuff, as much as they can," Thudium said.

Thudium says they are accepting everything from hygiene products to blankets and clothes, especially baby clothes.

They will be at the Wal-Mart parking lot near the gas station from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.

She tells us the community has already begun dropping stuff off.

"I'm impressed to say the least, I am impressed with the community," Thudium said.

"I just want to say God bless ya'll, you're really good help," Redmond said.

Thudium says donations can also be dropped off at Tip Top Cleaners and Laundry during the week.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus