Alon convenience store destroyed in mechanical fire

SHERMAN, Tex. (KXII) - A fire destroyed the Alon convenience store in Sherman early Sunday morning.

Sherman fire marshal Danny Fuller said the fire was likely caused by an equipment malfunction. It began around 12:45 a.m. Sunday and crews were still on the scene battling hot spots over 12 hours later.

Nobody was hurt, and the store is a total loss.

Fuller said people should be aware cold weather makes equipment work much harder.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus