SHERMAN, Tex. (KXII) -- A grass fire caused by two birds on a power line burned about five acres in Sherman Tuesday.
Grayson County Fire Marshal Andy Brazie said he saw smoke near Donee Drive and Deaver Road.
"We've had a history of controlled burns before, but no one had called in a controlled burn [Tuesday night]," Brazie said.
Brazie and a Southmayd police officer walked about a mile down the road, that's where they noticed the fire.
"I just happened to be on my way home. I saw a column of smoke coming up," Brazie said.
Five fire departments including Southmayd, North Texas Regional Airport, Howe, Whitesboro and Sadler responded to the call.
Crews said two buzzards "interacting" on a power line sparked the fire.
They got it out within about two hours. No one was hurt and no structures were burned.