Just one more warm, hearty dish before we move the clocks, and move into spring!
This one-dish-meal looks beautiful enough for company, and is simple enough for a weeknight dinner!!
Spicy sausage and a zesty sauce give this a little kick before all the cold weather is completely gone!
Cheese Polenta Sausage Bowls
Serving Size : 4
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cornmeal
4 ounces mozzarella cheese -- shredded
1 Italian sausage link -- sliced
2 cups spaghetti sauce -- warmed
1. Using non-stick spray, prepare a large rimmed cookie sheet for the polenta.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add milk, cream, sugar and salt. Bring to a gentle simmer and stir in the cornmeal, incorporating quickly with a whisk.
3. After all the cornmeal has started to thicken, add the cheese a handful at a time, until it is all melted in. Quickly pour into the cookie sheet and spread evenly to cool. Or, pour into shaped cookie pans and allow to cool.
4. Brown the sliced sausage and place on paper towels to drain. Heat the spaghetti sauce in a small pan.
5. Spoon a small ladle of sauce into a bowl, and place a 2" to 3" piece of polenta over the sauce. Put a few pieces of sausage on top of the polenta. Spoon a little more sauce on the sausage, and top with another piece of polenta. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
Add vegetables, such as broccoillini around the edge of the bowl for a complete meal.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving : 516 Calories; 33g Fat (57.7% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 86mg Cholesterol; 1117mg Sodium.