Fire destroys Caddo home

By  | 

CADDO, Okla. (KXII) -- Michelle Thompson moved to Caddo just a few weeks ago. Wednesday, the unimaginable happened.

"I went across the street to charge my phone and came back over here and it was engulfed in flames," Thompson said.

Thompson's mobile home was on fire, so she ran into the flames to rescue her dog Thor.

"Total loss of everything. I just moved here, everything I owned was in there, everything he owned was in there," Thompson said.

She and her dog got out safely but Caddo firefighters said by the time they got there, it was too late to save the home.

"When you lose everything in a fire, you just lose absolutely everything, everything you own is burnt, part of your soul is burnt with it, my pictures, everything I owned, everything of his, all your memories, it's just gone," Thompson said.

Thompson's electricity was not connected at the time of the fire but she said she did have a candle lit. She has no insurance.

"You don't know where to go, where to start, I just don't know what to do," Thompson said.

The fire is ruled accidental.

"I need a place to stay for me and him, and that's about it, we'll make it from there," Thompson said.