Fire destroys Van Alstyne home

VAN ALSTYNE, Tex. (KXII) Fireworks may be to blame for a fire that destroyed a home in Van Alstyne last night.

Firefighters said it started just around midnight on Derby Drive in Van Alstyne.

Neighbors we spoke with said they saw fireworks hit a shed close to the house. The fire spread to the home and destroyed it. The official cause is still under investigation.

Several fire departments stepped in to get it under control.

Everybody inside got out safely and nobody was hurt. The cause is still being investigated by firefighters.

The family has started a GoFundMe. Here's the link if you would like to help. https://www.gofundme.com/rebuilding-the-wilsons



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus