Fire forces more than 70 residents out of Paris apartment complex

PARIS, Texas (KXII) -- Dozens of people are out of their homes Thursday afternoon after a fire at a Paris apartment complex.

The call came in around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Colonial Apartments on Clarksville Street.

Chief Larry Wright says that the fire started as a grease fire.

The apartment complex management said all 74 residents have been displaced becuase power and water had to be shut off at the complex.

Management said 14 units suffered severe damage and several more suffered heat...smoke and water damage.

A shelter has been set up at the First Baptist church.

Officials said it could be a week before residents are allowed to move back into the apartments that weren't damaged.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus