House fire displaces family, pets killed

By  | 

MARIETTA, Okla. (KXII) - A Marietta family is without a home after it caught fire Monday night.

Fire Chief Dustin Michael says a four-year-old child at the home on Higgins street had lit a pillow case on fire.

The fire was started in a closet but reached the roof and engulfed half of the house.

Five people, including adults, were home at the time but got out safely.

Several of the family's pets died from smoke inhalation.

Chief Michael says they believe the child got the lighter from a room that had candles in it.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus