House ruled a total loss in Ardmore house fire

ARDMORE, Okla. (KXII) - "The next door neighbor came knocking on my door and said his house was on fire and after that just smoke was coming out of the house and flames," neighbor John Lee said.

John Lee says he got out of his home when he saw the flames and called his wife to tell her what happened to the neighbors they've known for several years.

"I was nervous for the neighbor's," Mary Lee said.

Ardmore Firefighter Jason Woydziak says the fire started in a bedroom at the back of the house where four people and two children, including a two-and-half-year-old toddler, lived.

The house was ruled a total loss.

"We believe it could be attributed to smoking materials," Woydziak said. "It's not deemed suspicious at this time."

Woydziak says they are still unsure what type of smoking materials started the blaze.

A woman we spoke to that lived inside the home said the family lost their pets in the fire.

She tells us her mother who suffers from a lung disease was taken to the hospital to be treated for possible smoke inhalation but that the rest of the family got out okay.

"It was very sad and emotional," Mary Lee said.

"I'm just glad everyone got out safe," John Lee said.

The Lee's house was not effected by the fire but their neighbors lost most of their belongings including shoes, clothes and pull ups in it.

"She just lost all her school clothes and school is fixing to start back and you know that's sad so if anyone can help I appreciate it," John Lee said.

Woydziak says the Red Cross is also helping the family.

A GoFundMe has been started for the family https://www.gofundme.com/kkb5v9-williams-family-fire.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus