DENISON, Tex. (KXII) - A Denison man and his 16-month-old daughter were inside their Denison home on North Burnett Avenue when their home caught on fire Christmas Eve night.
"I had just made fresh cinnamon rolls," said dad Adam Worley. "We were gonna sit down, drink hot cocoa, eat cinnamon rolls and watch a movie."
But then he said he smelled smoke a little after 10 p.m. Monday.
"At which time we started pulling everything out and unplugging everything," Worley said.
He hadn't noticed the flames at that point.
"My daughter just so happened to look up into the corner of the house," he said. "I looked up to see what she was looking at. and the ceiling was orange."
He called 911 and rushed outside. Fire investigators told us they got there in time to stop the flames from burning the outside of the home. They said an electrical unit likely lit on fire and went up the wall into the attic.
"I was lucky," Worley said. "I was able to keep my baby and keep her safe. At the end of the day it was still a good Christmas."
Worley is staying with friends. His daughter's mother told us she has a place to stay at her home. The Red Cross is also assisting.