Man suffered burns at Durant storage facility

By  | 

DURANT, Okla. (KXII) -- A man was burned Tuesday after a fire at A&A Storage.

When Durant firefighters arrived at the scene around 9 a.m., they said they could see smoke, but the fire was already out.

Chief Roger Joines said Bill Smith was trying to start a car by priming the carburetor with gasoline, and the car backfired.

Smith threw the can away from him, and the insulation in the storage building caught fire.

Smith suffered burns to his face, neck, and arm.

Smith was taken to the hospital for treatment.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus