Roff home a total loss after explosion and fire

By  | 

ROFF, Okla. (KXII) -- An elderly couple was homeless Thursday after their home exploded and burned.

Roff Fire Chief Jeremy Grissom said the fire started around 3:30 p.m., and the home was already engulfed when crews arrived.

Grissom said an electric heater possibly caught a couch on fire. He said the flames likely spread to about eight oxygen tanks, and a propane tank causing them to explode.

One man was inside the home when the fire started, but Grissom says that man made it out safely.

Grissom said the Red Cross is assisting the homeowners.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus