LANE, Okla. (KXII) -- A suspicious fire is under investigation after destroying a family business early Tuesday morning in Lane.
The business owner is also a volunteer firefighter. Now the community is coming together to help the man they said always helps them.
"It's a devastating loss for him, I feel so bad for him and his family," Sandie Blay said.
Sandie Blay said people travel from all over the county and state to come to Lane Auto Electric.
"It's a staple for this town and towns surrounding, we come from miles around to come to him," Blay said.
All to have owner Tim Feuerhelm work on their vehicles.
"Because he treats you like family, it's like family coming to family," Blay said.
He's owned this shop for more than a decade.
"Just the place people take all their starters, alternators and generators, they know about it counties all around," firefighter Danny Cochran said.
But Tuesday morning, all of it went up in flames.
"It's more than just a business, they had their hobbies in there and so many years of being in this building, it's devastating," Blay said.
The call came in at 5:40 a.m. Lane volunteer firefighter Danny Cochran said all the flammables inside made it difficult to put out.
"Took us four hours to get the whole thing out just because of the contents and how much he had in there," Cochran said.
So tough, five departments came out to help. Crews said the fire didn't seem to start naturally.
"They're suspicious, but they're still investigating it," Cochran said.
While the state fire marshal investigates, the local community already came up with a plan to help, putting on a benefit for the Feuerhelm family.
"He's helped a lot of people, so it's time to help our own," Cochran said.
The fundraiser begins at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 17 at the Bill Coben Community Center in Lane. There will be a silent auction as well as other fundraisers.