KXII - Fox - Home - Headlines

Colbert House Fire

By: News Staff
By: News Staff

COLBERT, OK -- The fire ignited just before 4:00 PM this afternoon, at a home in the 200 block of Umstead street.

Firefighters say the fire started in the attic.

It took crews from Colbert and Achille nearly an hour to contain the blaze. Fortunately, no one was inside the home or injured.

"The fire was maintained to the attic the inside of the home has a lot of water damage where we had to pull the ceiling but the fire stayed in the attic, " said Colbert fire Captain Johnathan Horn.

Firefighters are investigating what started the fire but they don't think it's suspicious.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 131026933