SHERMAN, TX -- Sherman fire officials believe electrical wires caused a fire in a home Monday morning.
The fire happened on the corner of Lamberth and Ricketts just before 11 am.
Fire Chief Jeff Jones says a family of five lives in the house but no one was home at the time. However he says the family's two dogs died in the fire.
Chief Jones said, "The fire did damage one bedroom. A lot of smoke and water damage to the rest of the house, but a good stop was made on the fire."
Jones says the Red Cross and a few members of the community are helping out the family.