ARDMORE, OK - What was first thought to be a grass fire near an Ardmore daycare Tuesday turned out to be an electrical fire.
Around 11 a.m. the Ardmore Fire Department was called to what appeared to be a grass fire at a local daycare. Captain Dave Tomlinson says when the fire department arrived at the Ardmore Day Nursery on D Street Northwest. It turned out to be an electrical fire.
The fire spread to the wood fence surrounding the playground, but the fire department was able to put it out quickly. Tomlinson says the fire appeared to be worse than it actually was, but the situation could have been much more dangerous with so many kids in the area.
"We got the call for a grass fire. It looks like it was just some wiring or an equipment malfunction that started the fire and spread to the fence," Tomlinson said.
Captain Tomlinson says luckily all the kids were indoors at the time of the fire. No one was hurt.