(GRAYSON COUNTY, TEXAS) --
The 4th of July is over but many people have leftover fireworks that they're not sure what to do with. Fire officials warn that storage and disposal is far more dangerous than most people think.
Denison Fire Chief Gordan Weger says storing fireworks at home is a major fire hazard ," so anything that's live can explode..it's a danger..kids can find them..they can light em they can get hurt..so it's always for safety's sake you need to destroy the ones you do not shoot."
He says to soak all unused fireworks in water to deactivate the gun powder and then dispose of them. Also,be sure to pick up all fireworks off the ground as they too can spark a fire.