CELINA, TX - A structure fire started by fireworks sent several local fire departments rushing to Celina earlier Saturday afternoon.
It happened at around 2:30 p.m. along County Road 135. Celina firefighters found a trailer home fully engulfed in flames when they arrived to the scene. Gunter, Weston, Prosper, and Anna fire departments were all called out to help.
The blaze was put out within half an hour, but the trailer was a total loss. Collin County fire Marshal Michael Smith said the fire was started by four juveniles, who were playing with fireworks inside the home.
The flames quickly took over and Smith said the boys were lucky to make it out of the structure safely. Smith said the county is still determining if the boys will be fined, but for now they will be put in a fire-setter prevention program.