Chef Nacomah of Capisce Ristorante Italiano at Winstar World Casino stops by to prepare a Mother's Day feast of spaghetti and meatballs.
This easy spaghetti and meatballs recipe takes about an hour to prepare and kids will be able to do most of the cooking. Of course, we recommend adult supervision. The spaghetti and meatballs can be paired with a garden salad and breadsticks or is a hearty, stand-alone meal.
Capisce also offers a three-course Mother’s Day special all weekend – Friday, May 10 through Sunday, May 12 – for those families who prefer to keep the mess out of the kitchen.
Capisce opens every day at 5pm.
· 1lb Ground Beef
· 1 Teaspoon of Salt
· ½ Teaspoon of Black pepper
· 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
· 2 shell eggs
· 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Garlic (Fresh)
· 2 Table Spoon of Diced Yellow Onion
· ½ Cup of Breadcrumbs
· ¼ cup of olive oil
METHOD OF PREPERATION
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Remove eggs from shell into a small bowl.
3. Place Salt, Pepper, Parsley, Garlic, and Onion with the eggs then thoroughly blend eggs and other ingredients with seasoning
4. Place meat into a medium-size mixing bowl, then pour egg mixture over top and blend thoroughly.
5. Pour the breadcrumbs on top of the meat and work them together until the breadcrumbs are evenly distributed through the mixture.
6. Take the mixture and form meatballs about golf ball size.
7. Preheat skillet to medium heat with olive oil, and then place meatballs in skillet to brown. Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
8. Once all sides have browned, place on a baking pan and into a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
9. Then cool for five minutes
· 4lb diced tomato (fresh or canned)
· 1/4 Cup Chopped Basil (fresh)
· 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
· 1/8 Chopped Garlic (fresh)
METHOD OF PREPERATION
1. Place oil in large sauce pan on medium heat
2. Once oil is warmed, place garlic in oil and allow 2 minutes to cook, constantly stirring
3. Once Garlic starts to turn a little dark, add the diced tomatoes, and stir together
4. Lower temperature and simmer sauce on low for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes
5. Once sauce is finished, remove from heat and add chopped basil, salt and pepper to taste
6. Pour sauce over your favorite cooked pasta and add meatballs as desired