SHERMAN, TX-- Mother and daughter Carol Ann and Kathy from, A Gourmet Catering and Bakery, stop by to make Roasted 2 Potato Salad and Lemon Delight bars.
These two non-traditional recipes are quick, easy and tasty for a Mother's Day treat.
Lemon Delight Bars:
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 baking pan with aluminum foil, allowing edges to overhang 2 - 3 inches; press overhang against outside of pan. Spray foil with non stick cooking spray.
In a Large Bowl -
1 cup Butter softened
¾ cup Powdered Sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
Beat at medium until smooth, add flour beat to combine.
2 cups all purpose flour
Dough will crumble and press mixture in a prepared pan.
Bake crust for 20 minutes until golden.
4 eggs lightly beaten
1 ¾ cup sugar
3 tsp lemon zest
1/3 cup lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
6 tbsp all purpose flour
¼ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp powder sugar (sprinkle on after baking and cooling)
Pour mixture into prepared crust and bake 18 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle powder sugar using handles of foil lift from pan. Cut into squares and discard foil display and ENJOY!
Roasted Two Potato Salad:
5 cups diced red potatoes
5 cups diced sweet potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
¾ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp black pepper
4 slices bacon
½ cup chopped celery
¼ cup chopped green onion
1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil, spray non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine red & sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper toss gently to coat. Spread mixture in a single layer on prepared pan.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Cool Potatoes to room temp.
5. Cook Bacon, dab grease off and crumble.
6. In a large bowl place potatoes and all other ingredients and stir together. Refrigerate and serve and enjoy.
To contact A Gourmet Catering and Bakery: (903) 463-6688
2418 W Morton St, Denison, TX 75020