SHERMAN, TX-- Chef Ryan Westbrook joins us from Winstar World Casino to prepare a Bacon Smash Burger, served at NYC Burgers and Dogs.
The Bacon Smash Burger is a spin on an old favorite. With bacon cooked right into the burger, this ultimate burger makes it easier to get the right amount of bacon and burger in every bite.
Great for any cookout - you simply can place the pan on your grill or use your grill's side burner. Toss some zucchini, squash, bell peppers or other favorite veggies on the grill for a healthy side dish. You could always toss them on top instead of the traditional lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion.
Bacon Smash Burger
*Yields 4 servings
16oz - 80/20 Ground Beef
4 ea - Brioche bun (or substitute)
2oz - Butter
8oz - Cheddar cheese (2oz slices)
8 ea - Strips of cooked bacon, crumbled into bits
4oz - Leaf lettuce
4oz - Sliced onion
8 ea - Tomato slices
16 ea - Pickle slices
1. Start with a Teflon pan, or apply preferred non-stick spray to skillet, and heat.
2. Roll ground meat into 4oz balls.
3. Apply 80% cooked and crumbled bacon to one side of patties.
4. Using a spatula, "smash" the patties onto the skillet for about 10 seconds.
5. Butter bread, and flip after first side is golden brown.
6. Flip the burger patty and add 2 oz cheddar cheese slice to each.
7. Dress top bun with lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion.
8. When the patties have reached an internal temperature of 155 degrees,
place bottom buns on top of cheese.
9. Place bottom halves of burgers on top halves and serve.
NYC Burgers & Dogs is open daily at 11 a.m. inside WinStar World Casino.