KXII - Fox - Home - Headlines

House Fire In Sherman

By: KXII Staff Email
By: KXII Staff Email

SHERMAN, TX - A fire that destroyed a Sherman family's home last night is believed to be started by an appliance.

Sherman fire marshal Nathan Huffman says two of the residents found the bathroom water heater in flames. Firefighters arrived at the scene just after 6:20 Friday night and found the home fully engulfed.

Huffman says, because the house has been remodeled several times it was difficult for firefighters to get to the flames when it reached the attic.
The blaze was contained after two hours, but the home was a total loss.

There were no injuries and the family of 9 were in Dallas attending the Sherman game at the time of the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134980043 - kxii.com/a?a=134980043