Large pile of tires catches fire feet from Ardmore residence

By: Sara Humphrey Email
By: Sara Humphrey Email

ARDMORE, OK - Smoke could be seen for miles this morning when a large pile of tires caught fire just feet from an Ardmore home.

Fire officials said they are not sure what sparked the fire in the 2600 block of Springdale Road.

Dickson fire crews were called in to help fight the blaze.

Firefighters managed to keep the flames from spreading to the nearby house.

Ardmore Fire Department Shift Commander Scott Richards said, "We were very fortunate today that the wind wasn't like it has been. It's getting to be that time of year when its really dry and any kind of fire this time of year can turn into a really big hazard."

Nobody was hurt in the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137923998 - kxii.com/a?a=137923998