KXII - Fox - Home - Headlines

Man injured in Sherman house fire

By: KXII-TV Staff Email
By: KXII-TV Staff Email

SHERMAN, TX - A Sherman man was severely burned when he was trapped in a smoke filled house early Tuesday morning.

Crews say they were able to rescue the man from the home on Ricketts Street. They believe the fire started in the man's bedroom, where he was smoking a cigarette.

"Our guys went in and quickly made a rescue. In eleven minutes from the time we got the call, we had the patient or the victim out of the house," Sherman Fire Battalion Chief Bill Macon said.

The man was flown to a Dallas hospital. They managed to contain the fire to one room and saved one of the two dogs inside.


Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 163688526