HOWE, TEXAS -- An old barn in Howe burned to the ground this afternoon due to careless smoking.
Grayson County Fire Marshal Kevin Walton says the barn off FM 902 and John Fields Lane went up in flames around noon.
Walton says a man who was demolishing the building accidentally flicked his cigarette into a pile of corn husks.
Howe and Gunter firefighters put out the blaze. The barn is a total loss.
|There are currently no active polls at this time.
Click here to view other polls on our site and past poll results.