PITTSBURG COUNTY, OK -- A Pittsburg County mother faces charges of child abuse after authorities say she poured gasoline on her daughter's head to treat lice and it caught fire.
Court records say 25-year-old Shana Suggs could face a life sentence if convicted.
According to an affidavit, a space heater ignited the gasoline and burned the 5-year-old girl.
The child suffered second and third degree burns over 60 percent of her body.
Police said the girl is living with relatives following a lengthy stay in the hospital.