Possible carbon monoxide poisoning in Denison

By: KXII Staff Email
By: KXII Staff Email

DENISON, TX - A caterpillar worker had to be rushed to the hospital after possible carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday.

Denison fire officials say around 11 o'clock they got a call from the Caterpillar plant off of 1417 about a woman forklift operator showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. Emergency crews arrived and immediately took her to TMC. Firefighters say they did a sweep of the plant with carbon monoxide detectors but did not find any trace of the poisonous gas. Fire Officials say they think that the woman might have inhaled fumes coming from the engine of her forklift. Denison Fire Capt. Bruce Geilhausen says they take possible carbon monoxide calls very seriously.

"It is a colorless, odorless deadly gas so you don't know you're around it and it can cause a lot of problems," said Geilhausen. "So, we respond appropriately."

There is no word on the condition of the worker.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 140227373 - kxii.com/a?a=140227373
Gray Television, Inc.