Fire leaves Marshall Co. family homeless

By: Amanda Brown Email
By: Amanda Brown Email

WOODVILLE, OK - Amanda Conway said last night she and her husband left to get groceries, but before they made it to the store they got the call that their house was on fire. Conway says although everything they owned was lost she's still thankful because her kids escaped unharmed.

Just after 11:30 p.m. Monday night the Conway's received a call from their babysitter telling them a fire had started in their two bedroom trailer home.

"We got the call, we thought it was just a small fire, we got here, the whole trailer was engulfed. It was gone," said Conway.

Conway said the only thing on her mind was her two young children. She said her kids, ages three and four, are too young to understand that all their belongings are gone. Conway believe, it was an electrical fire caused by the heavy rain but fire crews are still investigating.

Chief Jere Zimmerman of the Texoma Volunteer Fire Department said they arrived to the scene within minutes. Kingston and Caney-Soldier Volunteer Fire departments also assisted in putting out the flames. Despite their efforts, the home was a total loss.

Conway says right now they're staying with family, but knows the holidays will be hard this year.

"Basically all we have is what we had on last night, that's it" said Conway.

If you would like to help out the Conways have set up a relief fund at Bank first in Kingston. You can donate at any Bank First under the name Amanda Conway.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134364478 - kxii.com/a?a=134364478