Safe Family Headlines
Safe Family: Miss South Texas
- TEXAS -- One Texas woman has come a long way. A painful moment in her past was all the push she needed to go from size 24 to competing in the Miss Texas pageant. Now, she is hoping to inspire others.
Safe Family: BB gun problems
- IOWA -- An Iowa woman is warning parents about the dangers of BB guns. She was hit in the chest and it is now lodged in her body. Vanessa Peng has her story in today's safe family report.
Safe Family: Safe Drinks
- With the hot and humid weather, many people turn to their favorite diet soft drink
Safe Family: Knee Replacements
- Knee replacements are expected to skyrocket from 500,000 year to 3.5 million by 2030. The reason?
FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- WASHINGTON (AP) - The federal government wants to ban sales of electronic cigarettes to minors and require approval for new products and health warning labels under regulations being proposed by the Food and Drug Administration.
Safe Family: App developed to help out in case of school shooting
- OKLAHOMA CITY, OK -- An Oklahoma City middle schooler came up with an idea for an app last year to help out in case of a school shooting.
Safe Family: Kids and Water
- NEW YORK -- Studies show that drinking water helps children stay at a healthy weight. It can also help them stay focused in the classroom.
Safe Family: Midsize SUVs
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crashed mid-size SUVs into a rigid barrier at 40 miles per hour to see which ones performed best in a frontal crash.
Study finds many preteens have high cholesterol
- There's fresh evidence that a lot of young people could be headed for heart trouble. A large study of preteens in Texas found that about one-third of them had borderline or high cholesterol when tested during routine physical exams.
Local father following trend and staying home
- Fathers deciding to stay at home and raise their kids has been increasing in recent years.
More Safe Family Headlines