The cold weather that's gripped much of the nation is causing a dramatic spike in the number of deaths caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide is called the silent killer: you can't see it, smell it, or taste it.
Often, by the time it's detected, it's too late.
But, there are things you can do to protect your family.
If you think you're suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, you should leave your house immediately and get fresh air.
Remember prevention is key.
Never idle your car in the garage.
Never use your gas oven to heat your home.
Never use a generator in an enclosed space.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.