The deaths of 2 boys has prompted the federal government to pull a popular toy off store shelves. The toy is a dart gun that was sold exclusively at family dollar stores. The problem, the darts are small enough to get stuck in the throat and prevent a child from breathing.
10 year old Desman Young was simply playing with a classmate's toy dar gun during recess, he was chewing on a dart when it slipped down his throat, he started convulsing and passed out, his teachers frantically tried CPR. But Desman died the next day at the hospital.
The dart that killed Desman Young came from the "Auto Fire" target set, sold exclusively at Family Dollar stores for a dollar fifty. The consumer product safety commission issued the recall after Desman and a 9 year old boy from Chicago both died of asphyxiation after swallowing darts that came with the gun.
The problem with these specific darts, you can't get them out of a childs mouth, they fit just like a stopper.
Parents should take these dart guns away from their children and throw them out. You can also return the gun to a Family Dollar store for a refund.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.