10-4-04 – Students at Piner Middle School in Sherman were evacuated after an air conditioning unit on the roof of the building caught fire. Firefighters were called to the scene around 7:40 a.m. Monday. Flames broke out just before classes started and students already at school were evacuated.
It took firefighters five minutes to put out the flames. They believe rain water seeped into the unit, causing an electrical short.
After 15 minutes, students were let back into the school. No one was hurt, classes resumed Monday morning.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.