11-28-04- Fire and smoke tore through one of two Sherman Wire Plants early Sunday morning. Fire alarms sounded at the location on Pacific Street around 9:00 a.m.
When fiefighters arrived, they found the maintenance and production buildings filled with smoke, but authorities say the fire was concentrated in the employee locker room, near a burning space heater.
Sherman Wire produces fence and netting materials. They have produced chicken wire in Sherman for 50 years.
The business will be open Monday when maintenance workers will try to salvage what is left of the business.
Sunday morning's fire is estimated to cost half a million dollars in damages. No one was injured.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.