Flash Flood Watches are posted through Monday morning for all of Texoma. The most concentrated rainfall is expected Saturday night into Sunday. Please be alert to floodwaters, washed out roads and rising creeks.
11-30-04 - A build-up of natural gas inside a Gainesville home caused it to explode on Sunday night. An open gas valve is to blame inside the home in the 500 block of Carnes Street.
A woman inside had been using a portable heater, which had then been disconnected. But the valve to the gas line had been left open, allowing natural gas to fill the small, 3-bedroom home. The woman was taking a bath at the time. When she lit a cigarette, the gas ignited, blowing out the windows and doors of the house.
She escaped through a bathroom window with only minor burns on her face and arms.