12-7-04 – An unattended pan of grease may have started a fire that caused major damage to a Sherman home Tuesday morning. A family of two lost all of their possessions when fire broke out at a house in the 2300 block of Lockhart Street.
Firefighters were able to save the structure, but the home was gutted by flames. A mother and her 16-year-old son were not there at the time and no injuries are reported.
A friend of the family called 911 around 7:50 a.m. after stopping by the home to pick up dry cleaning. The friend also went inside the home and rescued the family dog.
Sherman fire officials say a pan of grease on an unattended stove is likely the cause of the fire, however the investigation will continue.
Damages are estimated at $70,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.