12-14-04 - A Davis family is lucky to be alive after their home filled with carbon monoxide. Around 8am, one of the victims called Davis police, complaining of dizziness. The caller said one family member had already passed out.
Rescuers got all three out of the home in time, including a 16-year-old girl and a man and woman in their 50's. All three were treated and released from a local hospital.
The fire department tracked the leak to a malfunctioning floor furnace. Experts advise that you should check household gas appliances at least once a year for carbon monoxide leaks as well as install a detector.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.