Fire displaces Sherman family

By: KXII Staff Email
By: KXII Staff Email

SHERMAN, TX -- A couple is displaced from their home Sunday after it catches fire. Firefighters say it happened just before 7 pm at the Crossroads Mobile Home Park in Sherman.

Chief Jeff Jones says it appears the fire started in the kitchen. A husband was preparing dinner, but left the stove unattended while he went to help his wife with Christmas gifts in another part of the home.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire within minutes, and the Red Cross found the couple a place to stay Sunday night.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by john:) Location: denison on Nov 19, 2007 at 06:59 AM
    Man thats bad its about to be the holidays what will they tell the kids iwounder what he was cooking thay went up in flames like that
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 11566176 -
Gray Television, Inc.