12-25-04- A not so Merry Christmas for a Pottsboro family Saturday morning, after a chimney fire destroys their home near Tanglewood. The family was able to get out of the home, but was not able to salvage anything inside.
The fire began around 3 a.m. at the home in the 100 block of Idlewood Road. Preston Volunteer firefighters arrived within minutes, but the home was almost completely engulfed in flames.
Investigators believe the fire likely started in the chimney. The family of three made it out safely. The Preston Fire Deprtment is taking donations for the displaced Pottsboro family.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.