2-2-05 - Five members of a Carter County family escaped from a burning home early Wednesday morning. The house, on Jehovah Road in Milo, caught fire just after 2am.
Family members spotted smoke and flames coming from a back bedroom. After trying to put it out with buckets of water, they finally escaped the house moments before the entire structure was engulfed.
The home was a total loss. Firefighters believe a heater is to blame.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.