2-12-05- An Ardmore grandmother rescued her 5 year old granddaughter from their burning home early Saturday morning. Sonja House says she awoke to the sounds of cracking glass and opened her eyes to thick smoke and fire.
House immediately rushed to get her granddaughter and carried her out of the home through her burning front door.
The fire began around 6:30 a.m. at the home in the 700 block of Northeast Elm Street in Ardmore when fire investigators say a portable space heater in the front room may have caught fire.
The grandmother says she lost a great deal in the fire, but is thankful for a neighbor who helped put out the fire with his water hose.
Fire investigators estimate the damage at about $12,000. The early morning fire is still under investigation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.