Apartment fire in Sherman

By: KXII-TV Staff Email
By: KXII-TV Staff Email

SHERMAN, Tex.-- An apartment fire in Sherman happened around 8:30 Tuesday morning at the Camelot Apartments in the 2700 block of South Travis Street.

When firefighters arrived, smoke was coming out of the attic and the roof.

Firefighters believe some kind of mechanical problem caused a problem with the heating unit, and that caused the insulation to catch fire.

"We went up into the attic and there was some insulation smoldering in there, and it looks like it's going to be from a mechanical problem with one of the heaters," Captain Donnie Glenn of the Sherman Fire Department said.

No one was hurt in the fire. Most of the damage came from water to the lower unit.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 12597126 - http://kxii.com/a?a=12597126