02-23-05 – A Carter County house was destroyed by flames Wednesday morning, leaving a family without a place to stay. The fire engulfed the house after it was already put out once by firefighters.
A heat lamp on the porch of the house off Sante Fe Road in Wilson caught a bedroom on fire around 6 am. Although firefighters quickly put the flames out, a hot spot re-ignited the blaze around 8 am.
The family made it out safely during the first fire. No one was present when it was started for the second time.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.