Infant Dies in Fire


4-13-05 – A fire in Bryan County claimed the life of a baby girl Wednesday morning. Fire broke out in the 500 block of Sexton Road, just outside of Calera.

Authorities confirmed an 23 month old infant died after her older brother started a fire while playing with matches. Fire officials say the four year old and infant were upstairs when a bed caught fire. The parents attempted to rescue the baby, but were overpowered by smoke.

No one else was hurt and the home is considered a total loss.


Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1468122